Business and Administration
Administrators handle day to day tasks in an office and make sure things run smoothly. Almost every kind of company and organisation requires employees in the business administration sector.
Our business administration apprenticeships give you the skills and experience needed for an administrative or clerical role.
You will develop a broad set of skills whilst carrying out business administrative tasks, developing an understanding of working in a business environment, including specialist and sector related knowledge.
The programme consists of 6 essential units and a choice of optional units to be decided with the employer.
The essential units are:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understanding employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Developing working relationships with colleagues
- Intermediate level Business Administration Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Advanced level Business Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Business Administration Level 4 Apprenticeship
These apprenticeships take at least a year to complete, so commitment is important. Our tutors will help decide which level is right for you.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education or hold a qualification of level 4 or higher
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
Job roles include
- Administration assistants
- Data entry clerks
- Office juniors
After completing your qualifications and getting a few years experience, there are opportunities to progress into more senior roles.
Salaries can be between £14,000 and £18,000 a year, depending on where you work and your responsibilities. Experienced workers can earn £19,000 to £23,000 a year.