Health and Social Care
You’ll be helping people with particular needs such as the disabled, the elderly or people with learning disabilities, in their everyday lives.
This type of care usually takes place in the persons home, in care homes or in the community.
- Intermediate level Health and social care apprenticeships (Level 2)
- Advanced level Health and social care apprenticeships (Level 3)
These apprenticeships take around 15 to 18 months to complete, so commitment is important.
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education or hold a qualification of level 4 or higher
- A friendly and caring approach
- Genuine desire to help people
- A respectful approach to clients
- Reliability and flexibility
Job roles include
- Healthcare assistant
- Night care assistant
- Support worker: supported living
- Home care support worker
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship starting salaries can be from £12,500 to £16,000 a year.
With experience, qualifications and extra responsibilities or specialist support worker skills this can rise to between £18,000 and £21,000.