This qualification is designed to assess your technical ability in a leadership/manager job role. Whether you have been recently appointed or if you are seeking progression into a senior managment role, this course will help develop your knowledge of management and leadership theories.
The programme includes a range of units tailored to meet the needs of your employer, as well as relevant functional skills qualifications.
This is a level 5 (Higher) apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship typically takes 30 months to complete, so commitment is important.
This programme extends the work related focus and forms the technical knowledge component for the level 5 management and leadership higher apprenticeship. During the course you will develop role specific skills and a wider technical knowledge of your role in management.
This programme can include the following units
- Study of leadership and management principles
- Strategic business management, planning and decision making
- Principles of business finance
- Product and/or service portfolio management
- Quality management and organisation
- Customer relationship management
- Business risk management
- Staff recruitment and selection
- Marketing management
- Understand how to manage work activities to improve business performance
- Principles of business skills needed for proposals and pitches
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- Communication skills
- People skills
Job roles include
- Senior manager
- Head of department