Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
This programme concentrates on developing your performance as part of a wider health and social care team. The course aims to guide and assess your knowledge and skills in your particular job role, confirming your competence.
The programme includes a range of units tailored to meet the needs of your employer.
This is a level 5 apprenticeship and takes on average 18 months to 2 years to complete.
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Structure and function of the human body
- Systems of communication
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Infection prevention and control
- Health and safety and risk management
- Assessment of individuals health and well-being
- Nutrition and fluid balance
- Principles and philosophy of healthcare
- Lifespan developments and healthcare needs
- Physiological measurements
- Optional units chosen by you
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You must have lived in the UK or EU for the past 3 years
- You must not be in full time education
- You must be working as a Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
Those who complete this level 5 qualification are able to apply to study a degree in healthcare.